Saturday, March 24, 2018

Where I Talk About My Best Friend.....



Good Morning!

Can you guess what I'm watching?

Yup. "Singing in the Rain."

So I thought I'd post the "Good Morning" sequence so it can get stuck in your head as it obviously did mine. 😃

So, besides watching musicals, what have I been up to?

Well, about a week or so ago, my best friend, Rienna and I went for a weekend to the Grand Canyon! I'm sorry I have no pictures to show you, both of us don't have smart phones and Rienna's camera was mishandled and broke, so the only memories we have are the ones we keep in our heads. Bummer, I know, but we are planning on going back in a few months.

It was my first trip without my parents and now I really want to go on more. Don't get me wrong, my parents are awesome and I love hanging out with them, but my dad is really busy and away on business trips most of the time, so I rarely see him and my mom goes with him a lot now that I'm older and can take care of myself. 

 When she's home we have lots of fun. Last night we went for a girl's night out to the local nail salon and got our nails done and then went out to get ice cream at a Cold Stone Creamery and went home and popped in "My Fair Lady" with Audrey Hepburn, my mom's favorite actress.

So we, have fun. A lot of fun. But spending time with Rienna is different. 

She's the best friend I didn't grow up with.

Rienna moved into our neighborhood about two years ago as a transfer student from out of state. I actually got to know her when she stayed with my family at my mom's insistence, while she waited for the rest of her stuff to arrive and while her apartment was being fixed. (Apparently, it had some horrible plumbing problem from the last tenant and it took months to fix.) 😣

It was a blessing in disguise though, because I got to know her pretty well in those few months, months that wouldn't have happened otherwise. 

 She's challenged me in a lot of ways, from testing my fear of heights, to motivating me to start running again and taking every opportunity when it arises. 

Rienna genuinely loves people. She grew up in the mountains in a tightly knit community and I know she misses the people there that she grew up with. She keeps up a constant contact with them, sending letters, email and spending every spare minute on phone calls to those back home, but in all this, she always takes time for me. 

And this is what makes, my friend, Rienna, the best. If you are ever fortunate to make her acquaintance-and I hope you get that chance one day-I know you'll fall in love with her just as much as I have. 

A good friend is hard to find, but a best friend harder still. 

I realize that pretty much my entire post has been about Rienna, but I think it's pretty reflective of me.  I've been thinking of her a lot lately and spending a whole lot of time with her and I always find it amazing that although she struggles with depression, anxiety and fear, she never lets them stand in the way of helping others.

She is a treasure, an inspiration and a constant source of encouragement.

She is Rienna and I couldn't live without her.


3 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say...You've given me higher praise than I believe any one person has ever gotten. You are the best Ellie. Love you so much! I don't know how I ever got along without you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Just stopping by and saw that you like singing in the rain! that is awesome I LOVE Musicals!

    ¬Beth

    ReplyDelete