Saturday, May 5, 2018

Where I Explain Why I Haven't Posted in Forever

Good Morning!

 *yawn*  Excuse me.

 O my....it's been ages since I wrote anything on here.
 My apologies.

 Things have been, well,...crazy?

  For one, I'm a senior this year, so I'm trying to finish up my subjects by the end of May so I can be all ready for a Summer with Rienna!

 I'm home-schooled, but this doesn't take away from the fact that I still have a huge load of school work that sometimes takes me until 3 or 4 to finish. Sometimes longer.

 To give you a small picture of what a normal school day looks like for me I'll attempt to write down a sketch of my schedule. (lol. Sketch of my schedule....)

School Day Model:


6:00-7:00 AM : Get up/Take a shower/Have devotions/Eat

7:00-8:00 AM- Bible Study with my Mom. Sometimes Rienna and/or my Dad joins in when he's home.


8:00-9:00 AM- British Literature (This is fun! My mom and I read out loud and take different characters' parts (if it's Shakespeare), and do different voices.) 


9:00-10:00 AM-Algebra 2 (My least favorite subject.)


10:00-11:00 AM-Writing! (My favorite subject. A couple times a week are put aside for creative writing with Rienna.)


11:00-12:00 PM- Art (We've done watercolors, frescoes, murals, pencil/charcoal drawings, oil paints....I'm not all that good, but it's fun. Plus it's a welcome break after a grueling morning.)


12:00-1:00 PM-Lunch time. (Sometimes we listen to an audiobook or talk about different things.)


1:00-2:00 PM- Science. (I'm taking Geology right now. It's super fun!)


2:00-3:00 PM-History (Studying the Victorian Era right now.)


3:00-4:00 PM-P.E. (Running, Hula-Hoop contest, Rock Climbing at the gym,  riding bikes...)


4:00-5:00 PM- Foreign Language. (Latin. I'm not kidding.) Also twice a week this time is split 50/50 with a Logic course.


5:00-6:00 PM-Dinner Time! (Twice a week I'm required to prepare dinner as part of a home-economics curriculum.)


6:00-7:00 PM- Finish up Dinner and clean up.


7:00-7:30 PM-After dinner walk.


7:30-9:00 PM-Either games, movie, or more writing and other shenanigans if Rienna is over.


9:00-9:30 PM-All electronics required to be off. Get ready for bed. I usually read a book or just talk with my mom or Rienna, if she's over.


9:30 PM-Good Night!



So, yeah...that's my schedule during the week.

 School's almost out!!!!

This brings me to what happened last week....Rienna might have told you that I went to the hospital, a week ago, today.

 Well,....it's true.

 I was stung by a ton of bees while up in a tree that overlooks our drive-way.
 I'd heard a bird up there and have seen a couple bringing twigs and odds and ends up there, so I thought they must have a nest, so I climbed up to investigate.

 I heard a couple of bees up there, but I didn't think much of it. I've been stung before, but it was so long ago, and the only reaction was that my hand swelled slightly. I thought, well, they'd be fine as long as I didn't disturb them, they wouldn't bug me. (Okay, that pun was not intended.)

 I'd gotten up the tree and was going out on the limb where I thought the bird's nest was, when I felt a small prick in my ankle.

 I turned around in surprise and thought, I should probably get down.

 Then another bee stung me, then another and another.

 Honestly, they came out of nowhere.

 I'm clambered down the tree as fast as possible, and tried to reach the house, but I must have blacked out because the next thing I knew, I was waking up in an ambulance with an oxygen mask pressed to my face.

 Mom says that they had to do CPR several times because I kept passing out, but I don't remember much.

 I just remember the hospital and a billion nurses hovering over me like a swarm of bees and feeling super claustrophobic and there was a weird smell.

 Then someone kept jabbing me with something. (Rienna said it was probably an epi-pen or something like that.)

 I just thought it was more bees.

 Rienna was there too, and I think I really scared her because as soon as they let someone in that starchy white room, she would do nothing but make sure I was alive and responding.

 They kept me there overnight and kept popping in at all hours asking me and my mom to sign things. Really, nurses have horrible bed-side manners.

 The next day they let me go back home and said I had to take it easy and get lots of rest, that my system was still recuperating.

 Yesterday was the first day that I felt normal and could actually run around and do things.

 Today, Rienna and I are going to get together and hang out, perhaps go rock climbing or go to the local zoo or something like that.

 Anything to take our minds off the scare of last Saturday and the attack of bees, which, by the way, came from a hive somewhere in the trees. (My mom's trying to get a service to come and take them away.)

 One thing before I go: please, please, please, don't take your friends for granted. Treasure them.

No comments:

Post a Comment